– Wilderness programs are utilized for stabilization, assessment and beginning the healing process. Rocky Mountain Consulting utilizes clinically sophisticated programs which provide a strong therapeutic environment for the individual along with family support. Boot camp and military style programs are not recommended based on Rocky Mountain Consulting’s theory of change.
Residential Treatment Centers
– RTC programs provide specific treatments based on the needs and goals of the individual and family. For example, a RTC may specialize in treating bi-polar disorder or depression or ADHD. Often times RTC’s are able to treat a variety of problems in a unique setting. The focus tends to be on treatment along with academic and recreation opportunities.
Therapeutic Boarding Schools
– These schools tend to be academically rigorous and supportive to learning needs along with a strong therapeutic component. For the right student, a therapeutic boarding school can provide a balance between academics and personal growth.
Drug/Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers
– Similar to a residential treatment program, drug and alcohol rehabilitation centers provide state of the art facilities and treatment modalities which support someone within their addiction or high risk behaviors. Often times these programs are set in a beautiful and unique location which allows the individual to focus on their treatment.
– While this list covers a wide spectrum of available programs, there remains a variety of specific programs that address other needs and goals. Please contact Rocky Mountain Consulting to discuss your child’s specific needs and goals.